Friday 20 November 2009

The Two Alita's



A comission I did for akaderyl.
It was supposed to be completed for Halloween, but my lifes been pretty hectic and its taken me a while to get my comissions done, but now I finally have.

I must admit I really like this picture, the Battle Angel Alita is one of my five favourite manga characters, and I named my Alita after her, the manga is easily the most inspiring thing I've ever read ( James Cameron pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease dont fuck it up like the anime did, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!!!! )

I've never tried to draw Battle Angel Alita before, I always felt she was drawn too well and that I'd fuck it up, so when I was comissioned to draw her I panicked a bit, worrying I'd let akaderyl down, but I REALLY like how this has turned out, I love Alita's new outfit and drawing it on my Alita was very difficult, but I think I pulled it off.

So I hope akaderyl is happy with this, I tried my best to do Battle Angel Alita justice.

No comments: